Code of Commercial Practice
To be the most trusted service provider in Pakistan.
To be the best cellular option for U.
Standards & Quality of Service
Ufone commits to being a customer centric organization, through an effective quality management system focusing on continuous improvement towards service excellence by actively engaging the stakeholders within a regulatory compliant environment which is in line with the strategic objectives and business strategy. Having said that we will strive for the following:
Customer Communication and Advertising:
Ufone shall ensure that customers are always aware of our products and offers while these offers are communicated transparently with a clear call to action in accordance with the provisions of sub regulation (ii) of regulation 3 of Telecom Consumer Protection Regulations 2009 as amended from time to time. Furthermore, the requisite information, especially updates about the packages, tariffs and applicable terms and conditions are available at PTML website www.ufone.com and any change thereto will be updated timely
Contact Details and Complaint Handling
Ufone is committed to providing fast and efficient resolution of complaints. Our process is designed to encourage response to our customer complaint as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Ufone believes in responding to customer against every nature of complaint,, including but not limited to misuse of services, quality of services, illegal practices, poor services, provision of services, misleading statements, non-provision of services, mobile number portability related complaints provided under regulation 11 of Telecom Consumer Protection Regulations 2009 as amended from time to time, in an efficient and effective manner. No customer is charged when he/she excesses the help line in exceed of tariff determined by the Authority under Regulation 13 (2) of Telecom Consumer Protection Regulations 2009 as amended from time to time. Multiple customer touch points are available at the disposable to contact us as per regulation 12 of Telecom Consumer Protection Regulations 2009 as amended from time to time. A comprehensive procedure will be adopted to handle these complaints as required under regulation 14 of Telecom Consumer Protection Regulations 2009 as amended from time to time. This would include:-
- Call Center – by dialing 333 from Ufone number or UAN 033-11-333-100 from any other landline or OMO number, 24hrs a day and 365 days a year.
- 49 Sales & Customer Service Centers and more than 300 Retail Outlets are available nationwide to welcome our customer’s servicing needs including complaint handling and will provide high quality services to meet customer needs.
- Written Correspondence including requests, complaints etc. can be made by our customers by:-
- Email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAX us on 111-333-900
- Via PO BOX # 3333
- To provide ease to our customers, we also handle complaints through our Ufone Facebook Page and also through Live Web Chat on website www.ufone.com.
- The schedule of charges are as below; however, same are subject to change as per policy:
|Rs.1.5+tax on the IVR/Call Plus Rs.0.75+tax/Call to talk to the agent
|For Biometric Verification
|As per other operator tariff plan
|As per other operator tariff plan
- All customer complaints are handled effectively and efficiently by the Ufone Customer Services staff in accordance with Telecom Consumers Protection Regulations, 2009. Upon receipt of every complaint by Ufone through any of its prescribed channels, Ufone registers complaint and communicates a unique complaint identity number with its consumer and resolves the grievance of consumer within specific timeframe and in minimum possible time as per the defined Turnaround Times as listed in the table below:-
|Nature of Complaint
|Turn Around Time (TAT) of Complaint Resolution (Working Days)
|Refund of Amount
|Within 15 Days
|Matter related to Billing
|Within 7 Days
|Value Added Services /Packages
|MNP Related Complaints
|3-5 Days (As per Industry Practice)
|Poor Customer Services
|Fault /Disruption in Services
|Within 48 Hours
|SPAM Reporting 9000
|Within 48 Hours
|Misuse of Services
|Within 24 Hours
|Provision of Services
|Within 24 Hours
|VAS related queries (e.g. DNCR)
|Within 12 Hours
- In case of any arbitration against a grievance, the customer reserves the right to contact PTA for the grievance.
Services Availability, Account Management & Information:
Following are the details for the user’s convenience:
Number blocking /de-blocking
Customer’s request for temporary number blocking (in case of SIM lost) can be facilitated from Call Center and Service Center. Customer has to provide some verification (any 3) from the below information:
- Customer Name
- CNIC number
- Father’s Name
- Customer’s Address
- Date and amount of Last Voucher Re-charge/Payment made
- FnF (Friend and Family Numbers)
- Frequently dialed numbers
- U-Share amount or date
Aforementioned verifications are required for number de-blocking as well. Postpay number can also be blocked on voluntary basis for 6 months after clearance of pending dues. Verification of incidents of subscribers/customers is ensured as per requirements under Subscribers Antecedents Verification Regulations, 2015 and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) on SIM Sales and Activation through Biometric Verification, as amended from time to time,
Fair and Reliable Communications
Ufone is committed to provide its customers fair and reliable communications. It has taken reasonable measures to control fraudulent communication, unsolicited calls, obnoxious communication, registration and management of telemarketing and has established DNCR as required under regulation 4,5,6, 7,8 9 and 10 of Protection from SPAM, Fraudulent, Unsolicited and Obnoxious Communication Regulations 2009.
Sale can be returned upon customer’s request from Ufone Service Centers/Franchisees. Customer has to present original valid CNIC and active SIM along with getting his/her Biometric Verification done. Provisions of Subscribers Antecedents Verification Regulations, 2015 and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) on SIM Sales and Activation through Biometric Verification, as amended from time to time, regarding SIMs activation upon verification, activation of SIMs for foreign nations, cleaning of old data, and change of ownership are strictly complied with. Sale return request will be processed as per policy once all pending/applicable dues are cleared by customer.
Tariffs and Billing
Ufone ensures transparency of billing and tariffs and complies with all legal requirements provided under telecom law including the provision of Regulation 10 of Telecom Consumer Protection Regulations 2009 (as amended from time to time by the amendments thereto).
Return of Security Deposit
Security deposit shall be returned to customer in case of connection closure in 15 working days however in case of product conversion adjustment will be processed in 10 working days.
Ufone Self-Care portal is a personalized, secure and hassle free service which gives Ufone subscribers complete control over their connection. All customers have to do is to create login, after which they will be able to manage and customize Ufone connection according to their needs. While using the Ufone Self-care customer can subscribe or unsubscribe to services, choose amongst different packages, get details of tariff plans and so much more. Ufone Self-Care is accessible to customers through the Commercial Website www.ufone.com.
SIMs Life Cycle:
In case a prepaid number remains inactive for a period of 180 days, a subscriber/customer is given notice and reasonable time to reactivate SIM before disconnection and re-issuance of the number to any other customer.
Service Delivery Innovation
Ufone is committed to providing products and services that demonstrate superior service delivery by offering innovative products, to satisfy customer requirements and needs. Ufone’s motto of providing innovative offers and keeping the customers first is adapted in all facets of our business. Ufone has always endeavored to provide hassle-free and affordable packages their valued customers with peace-of-mind and a surety of selecting the country’s best telecom service provider – because It’s All About U.
Protection of Privacy & Confidentiality of Information
PTML is committed to making every reasonable effort to protect the privacy of its valued customers. To this end PTML endeavors to ensure that its network is secure and that the customer’s personal information is kept safe and confidential as required under the laws of Pakistan.
Exception: PTML may, however, be required to share the aforesaid information, inter alia, by an order of a court or when legally ordered by the Federal government, a provincial government or an agency/body of the state.
For us at Ufone, our customers take precedence! That’s why we make sure that when we make any commitment with the customer, we see it through.
Ownership Disputed Case
Disputed cases related to ownership are handled from Ufone Service Centers. Relevant parties are requested to bring all original documents including Computerized Subscriber Antecedent Form (CSAF) as proof. All antecedents are verified, inquired and investigated as per provisions of Subscribers Antecedents Verification Regulations, 2015. After detailed investigation and validation whosoever of the concerned parties gets verified as the original user and the rightful owner, will be facilitated accordingly.
Fake Port-in Case:
On receiving fraudulent port in complaint of a number to Ufone network, complainant will be requested to visit the donor operator for the registration of complaint. Ufone will pursue the case after receiving complaint from donor network and share the outcome after detailed investigation.
Operator Assistance Services
Ufone Call Centers are operational 24/7 and 365 days a year to provide assistance to customers calling regarding any information or complaints resolution. Our dedicated staff at call center always provide the assistance in a personalized way maintaining high standards of courtesy and here-to-assist attitude. Our staff always thrive to provide up to date information and accurate resolution to the complaints whether it is an online resolution and customer complaint is required to be investigated by backend teams.
PTML aims at providing network quality of service (QoS) par excellence. In this context state of the art systems are deployed that help monitor the QoS on regular basis and invoke preventive as well corrective actions to address any fault. An ISO 9001:2008 certified quality management system (QMS) is in place within the Technical domain which focuses on implementing the policies, processes, procedures and standards to maintain and improve network QoS. Ufone fully conforms to the License and regulatory obligations related to the Network QoS which are as follows:
|Grade of Service (end to end blocking)
|Call Connection Time (for a local M-M call for non-roamer)
|≤ 6.5 Sec
|Call Completion Ratio
|SMS Success Rate/Mobile Originated
|SMS End-to-End Delivery Time
|<= 12 Sec
Network related breakdowns and Outages are of two types – Planned and Unplanned
- Planned outages are carried out when expansions, upgrades, re-parenting, migrations, preventive maintenance are to be carried out
- Services may get affected during these planned activities
- Planned outages shall be carried out, as is the current scenario too, in off peak hours
- Customers shall be informed via SMS beforehand regarding disruption in services that is to take place
- Customer touch-points shall be well aware of the occurrence of these outages beforehand so customers may be guided accordingly
- Unplanned outages are unpredicted irregular occurrences which adversely affect the service. These outages can occur due to malfunctioning of non-telecom & telecom equipment due to any reason. It may be divided in three categories:
- Critical – Service is affected on larger scale or to large no. of
- Major – Service is affected to smaller scale or to less no. of
- Minor – Service may affect if alarms are not attended with in
- Critical – Service is affected on larger scale or to large no. of
- Besides this, PTML has service level agreements with vendors & suppliers having layer 3 expertise. If issue is not resolved within given time, it’s forwarded to vendor/supplier & they are supposed to resolve within agreed time
- PTML shall reinstate services on priority as soon as possible and will adequately inform its customers upon their inquiry. And once the outage is over, customer will be informed accordingly via SMS that the services have been reinstated
- PTML customer services teams shall be well-informed about these unplanned outages too in order to be able to guide subscribers with their inquiries and complaints
Services outages refer to planned or unplanned outages where one or more services are not available due to system upgrade activity or a failure. In case of these outages Ufone will keep its valued customers informed at all times as required and prescribed under regulation 5, 6 and 7 of Telecom Consumer Protection Regulations, 2009 as amended from time to time and especially in 2010 and 2011, through multiple mediums such as (but not limited to) newspaper, website, social media and SMS broadcast. In addition to this our 24X7 helpline will be available to provide information/ assistance / resolution time lines. Ufone will take all possible measures to compensate its valued customers caused due to these outages wherever applicable. The compensation may include provision of balance, minutes, SMS and data.
Governing Laws and Applicable Statutes
All services provided by PTML are governed by the substantive and procedural laws of Pakistan and the provisions of the licenses granted to it by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, as the regulator of the telecommunications industry, under the Pakistan Telecommunication (Re-organization) Act 1996 and all rules and regulations thereunder.