Whistle Blowing Policy
Policy statement & expectation from employees:
Pak Telecom Mobile Limited (PTML) is committed to the highest possible standards of openness, probity and accountability. In line with this commitment, PTML expects employees and others that it deals with, who have serious concerns about any aspect of Ufone’s work, to come forward and voice those concerns.
Circumstances requiring whistle blowing
Possible examples of circumstances where a Whistle Blower can raise concerns could include but shall not be limited to:
- Over-invoicing, demanding, seeking or acceptance of kick-backs, payment for goods or services not supplied or rendered and any act of fraud, bribery and corruption;
- Forgery of company documents and financial instruments like cheques and securities;
- Theft or misappropriation of Company’s funds and property;
- Conflicts of interest and abuse of office;
- Disclosure of business secrets and other confidential Company information obtained during the course of employment;
- Financial or Non-financial maladministration or malpractice or fraud that has been/is likely to be committed
- Usage of confidential information to obtain a personal reward or advantage;
- Compromising the interests of PTML in dealings with vendors or contractors, consultants or suppliers;
- Misuse of PTML property;
- Misuse of authority;
- Unethical behavior
- Misuse of systems or sharing of passwords;
- Discrimination towards any staff member, customers or any stakeholders on the grounds of gender, race or nationality;
- Engaging in illegal or unlawful acts; and
- Compromising PTML’s Safety Health & Environment (SHE) standards.
Confidentiality of Whistle Blower’s identity:
PTML will make every effort to keep confidential the identity of the individual raising a concern if so desired by the individual. In which case, the identity of the individual raising the concern or making the report will not be revealed without his / her prior permission unless PTML is required to reveal the identity of the individual by law.
How to Contact us:
+ 92 334 0000 911
Chief Internal Auditor,
Pak Telecom Mobile Limited
Ufone Tower, 55 C, Jinnah Avenue, Blue Area,
Islamabad – 44000 – Pakistan
For further escalation, you can also
contact Etisalat Group:
+ 971 800 2002
Group Chief Internal Control & Audit Officer– Etisalat Group
and/or the Corporate Secretary – Etisalat Group,
P O Box 3838, Abu Dhabi, United Arab
Anonymity and effectiveness of the process:
PTML encourages Whistle Blowers to disclose their identities when raising concerns. Anonymous Whistle Blowers should endeavor to provide sufficient corroboratory evidence to justify the commencement of an investigation, as an investigation of unspecified wrongdoing or broad allegations may not be undertaken without verifiable evidentiary support. No information about the outcome or action taken on the basis of information provided by the anonymous Whistle Blower shall be provided to such Whistle Blower unless he discloses his true identity to the Head of Internal Audit of PTML, who shall be obligated to keep that identity confidential.
Protection of Whistle Blowers
PTML will not tolerate harassment or victimization and will take any action that is appropriate to protect a Whistle Blower who makes a report in good faith under this policy even if it turns out not to be true after investigations provided that:
- The report was made in good faith;
- The Whistle Blower had reasonable grounds to believe that the report is true;
- The Whistle Blower did not make the report for personal gains.
Where a concern relates to CEO or any Senior Official of Internal Audit Department of PTML, the Whistle Blower should send their concerns by a letter to Chairman of Audit Committee c/o the Company Secretary of PTML marked “Confidential Complaint”.
Intentional false allegations may however lead to disciplinary action.