When Ufone meets Gmail – The power is yours!
is a unique service that enables you to communicate with loved ones through SMS
in Urdu script.
You can now send and receive Urdu
instead of roman i.e. it would translate an SMS
in to the local language script (Urdu)
from Roman Urdu
With this service you can send quotes, greetings, poetry, jokes in your local language instead of Roman Urdu
which accentuates the true essences of the message. In addition to this it also takes language barrier out of the equation for the people who are not able to read English.
With this service you can:
To have a Roman Urdu message converted to Urdu script and sent back to yourself:
- Convert a Roman Urdu message to Urdu script
- Send Roman Urdu message as Urdu script to another subscriber
To send a message in Urdu script:
- Type a message in Roman URDU e.g. app nay kab aana hai?
- Send it to 424
- Translated/converted message in URDU language/script is sent back to you e.g.
- SMS recipient number to which you wish to send the translated message followed by and then the message in Roman URDU e.g. 03331234567 app nay kab aana hai?
- Send it to 424
- Translated/Converted message in URDU language will be sent to the recipient 03331234567 e.g.
All SMS sent to 424
would be charged at Rs.2+Tax
- You can send an Urdu SMS to all networks in Pakistan
- Service is available for both prepaid and postpay users
- Service is handset dependent and works accurately on handsets which support URDU and ARABIC script / language
- In Islamabad, AJK, Gilgit/Baltistan and FATA an additional 0.84% will be charged on all services and packages.
- In case a message is not converted properly you can send the command "MSG" to 424 and last message sent in Roman Urdu will be sent back as it is
- Only 160 characters would be translated/converted per SMS , characters beyond that would not be catered
- 19.5% FED on usage and other taxes on bill/recharge apply.
- In Islamabad, AJK, Gilgit/Baltistan and FATA 18.5% FED and other taxes on bill/recharge will apply.
- Your SIM is your identity, only use SIMs issued through Biometric Verification – PTA