Ufone is committed to protecting your privacy.
This statement sets out the approach of Ufone in relation to the treatment of your personal information. It includes information on how Ufone collects, uses, discloses and keeps secure, individuals' personal information.
Your personal information
"Personal Information" is any data that identifies you. The personal information given to us is presumed to be true, complete and accurate in all respects and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes. Personal information held by Ufone may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver's licence number and your Ufone PIN, username or password. Ufone also holds details of your Ufone account.
How do we use personal Information?
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your identity
- Assist you to subscribe to Ufone's services
- Provide the services you require
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Ufone to provide you with a better service
Also, your personal information is collected, processed and used by Ufone for the purposes of promoting and marketing Ufone services which may be of benefit to you. Ufone also does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. Personal information may also be processed and used by such other organizations on our behalf for the purpose of providing Ufone services to you.
Ufone does not disclose your personal information to any other Cellular Service Providers, Banks, Credit Card companies etc. or their agents, affiliates which could lead to invasion of your privacy. However, Ufone may tie-up with such agencies from time to time to provide you with services or offers that may be beneficial to you. Ufone may disclose your personal information to the said agencies for marketing or any other purposes.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, Ufone may disclose your personal information to organizations within and outside of Ufone. Your personal information is disclosed to these organizations only in relation to Ufone providing its services to you. These organizations carry out
- Customer services
- Mailing operations
- Billing and debt-recovery function
- Information technology service
- Service maintenance
- Market research
Ufone takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. In addition, Ufone may disclose your personal information to Your authorized representatives
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies
- Ufone’s related companies
- Ufone’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Government, regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law
- Organization’s who manage Ufone's business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business and those involved in managing Ufone's corporate risk and funding functions.
Ufone may also disclose your personal information acting in good faith if it believes such action is necessary to conform to a legal requirement or comply with the legal process, protect and defend the rights or property of Ufone and the interests of its other users.
Ufone requires employees and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is consistent with Ufone's legal responsibilities in relation to privacy. We also review, on a regular and ongoing basis the information security practices to ascertain how ongoing responsibilities can be achieved and maintained. We reiterate Ufone's commitment to respect your Privacy at all times on a priority basis by ensuring that this information does not fall in the hands of any outside Agency other than organizations working on behalf of Ufone.
Ufone reserves the right to amend or modify this privacy statement at any time and in response to changes in privacy legislation.
Ufone reserves the right to change this statement or its policy at any given time.