International SMS from Double Number
Ufone is introducing International SMS feature for Double Number subscribers. Double Number subscribers can now send International SMS from their allocated second number.
How to send International SMS from Double Number?
Double Number can add the prefix 66 before any international number e.g. 66004915155152x234 and send the SMS. The recipient will receive the SMS with sender’s Double Number displayed on CLI.
What formats are supported for sending an International SMS from Double Number?
International SMS can be sent from Double Number with the following formats:
6600 < Valid International MSISDN >
66+00 < Valid International MSISDN >
6600+ < Valid International MSISDN >
Double Number users can send International SMS with a discounted rate of Rs.4+Tax/SMS
There is so much to manage in life already that having to manage different mobiles or SIMs for work,
...personal use or any other reason is not something that you really look forward to. For the first time in Pakistan, Ufone has come up with a breakthrough technology of Double Number service.
Finally you do not need to carry two mobiles or SIMs with this service you will get a virtual number on your original number. Meaning two numbers on one SIM. With Double Number you can switch off your business number while keeping your other number open for family and friends or simply operate two businesses with one SIM.
For the first time in Pakistan, Ufone introduces a special feature of Double Number called MyTunes. Now with Double Number’s MyTunes, U can set the caller tune yourself instead of listening to the tunes set by the person U call. U can set different tunes for different numbers, different tune for a specific time or set a default tune. Dial 660 to get your Double Number or to subscribe to MyTunes. Daily subscription charges are Rs. 1+Tax/Day and weekly charges for downloading content are Rs. 1.25+Tax/Week
How to use this service:
Now Pre-paid and Post-pay subscribers of Double Number service will be able to make on-net calls (Ufone to Ufone) on hourly rate of Rs.9.99+Tax. In order to initiate Double Number Hourly call, users will dial 67 (Prefix) followed by Ufone number. Example: 6703331234567.
Subscribing to this service is simple. There are multiple ways to subscribe to this service:
Additional features of the service are as follows which can be accessed through IVR 660:
- Send SUB to 660
Once you subscribe to the service the system will randomly select an idle number from Double Number inventory. An SMS will be sent to your number:
“Your Double Number is 033XXXXXXXX. Charges Rs.30 + Tax / Month for Post pay and Rs.7+t/week for prepaid users. Please dial 66 followed by any number and make calls from your Double Number.”
- Now you can make calls and send SMS from your assigned Double Number instantly by dialing 66 before the number you are calling or sending a message to.
Example: if your assigned Double Number is 03339909903 and you want to make a call to 03339909904 you will dial 6603339909904. The receiver will receive the number from 03339909903.
- Similarly to send an SMS to 03339909904 you will write the SMS and send it with the prefix “66” i.e.
Type message: “How are you?” and send it to 6603339909904. The receiver will receive the SMS from 03339909903.
- Both users can talk to each other whereas billing will be done to primary number on per minute basis.
- If 03339909903 want to make call or SMS to 03339909904, user will simply dial 03339909904 and the call/SMS will be routed to 03339909904 (the primary number).
Why you must have it:
- Users can switch off/on their Double Number any time or for specific time period.
- Bar a Caller - You will not receive calls from selected number on your Double Number.
- Bar All Callers - All incoming calls on Double Number will be blocked
- Unblock All Callers - All incoming calls on Double Number will be allowed
- Unblock a Caller - You will start receiving calls from number that you blocked.
There are so many reasons that this service is a must have. Few of them are:
2 numbers in 1 SIM:
No need to carry two handsets or switch between SIMs, makes operating 2 numbers at one time very easy.
Have separate official and personal numbers:
Keep you personal number always on, and switch off your business Double Number after office hours and enjoy uninterrupted quality family time.
Maintain your Privacy and Security:
If you have to give your number to someone you do not want to receive calls from after a certain time period; you can always just give them your double number. You can also use your Double Number to call unknown numbers if you don’t want everybody to know your primary number.
Double Numbers for Double Businesses:
If you require 2 numbers for your business, you can do so on the same SIM
Separate Friends Circles:
While your family and close friends are in touch with you on your primary number, you can give your acquaintances your Double Number which you can switch off at any time.
It's hard to avoid you now:
If you are trying to reach someone who is intentionally not taking your calls or responding to your messages, a call from a new Double Number might do the trick.
Screen unwanted calls:
You can maintain a block list for on your Double Number, if you do not wish to receive calls of SMS from certain numbers.
Get a second number without the hassle:
Get a new number for yourself without losing important messages or contacts from your device and revert to your original number whenever you feel like it. This way you can easily maintain 2 numbers without the hassle of multiple bills, networks, mobiles or even SIMs
- Subscription Charges: Rs.30+Tax/Mon for Post pay users & Re.7+Tax/Week for Prepaid users
- Call Charges (On-Net/ Off-Net): Rs. 1.30+Tax per Minute
- SMS Charges (On-Net/ Off-Net): FOC (Limited Time Offer)
- 660 IVR Charges: Re. 1+Tax/Minute
subscribe customer to DN
send the details of his DN to customer
send the commands to manage DN
BLOCK CALL ALL
Block all incoming calls
BLOCK SMS ALL
Block all incoming SMS
UNBLOCK CALL ALL
Un Block all incoming calls
UNBLOCK SMS ALL
Un Block all incoming SMS
BLOCK CALL <MSISDN>
Block calls from
<MSISDN>, e.g. BLOCK CALL 03335005552
BLOCK SMS <MSISDN>
Block SMS from
<MSISDN>, e.g. BLOCK SMS 03335005552
UNBLOCK CALL <MSISDN>
from <MSISDN>, e.g. UNBLOCK CALL 03335005552
UNBLOCK SMS <MSISDN>
unBlock SMS from
<MSISDN>, e.g. UNBLOCK SMS 03335005552
Power off customer's DN
Power On customer's DN
unsubscribe DN service
Terms and Conditions:
» FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a Double Number? How much will be additional subscription cost?
By simply dialing 660 or *66# you can get a Double Number against your one Ufone number.
Double Number Subscription Charges will be Rs.30/month.
Can I buy more then one Double Number?
Only one Double Number can be allotted to one customer.
When I receive a call using my Double Number, how do I know the inbound caller is calling on my virtual number?
When you receive a call, 66 pre-fix will be visible before the number (6603331234567), so the subscriber will know that inbound call on Double Number.
How do I call from my Double Number?
Dial a pre-fix 66 before any number (6603337654321) in order to make calls from your Double Number.
When someone dials my Double Number, what number appears on their phone bill?
Your Double Number appears on their phone bill; your personal number remains anonymous.
Will my phone work as normal with its regular number?
Yes, your phone will continue to work as usual unless someone calls your virtual number you make call with 66 pre-fix.
What number shows up on my Double Number phone bill?
The billing will be done on primary number but you can see the call records of Double Number as well in the bill.
How do I get customer support?
Dial 333 or visit www.ufone.com
How do I cancel my account?
To unsubscribe from your account, just dial “660” and unsubscribe from there.
Can you explain the pricing of your Double Number Service?
Customers who sign up for our Double Number service are required a monthly fee of Rs.30 (+ tax). This gets you another Ufone’s phone mapped to your primary number. Call from Double Number will be charged at Rs.1.30 +Tax.
Are there any other costs associated with my Virtual Number bill?
How do I send an SMS message?
You can enter a text message and send out to any mobile number just like you would from your regular chat / SMS function on your phone but the caller ID shown to the other party would be your Double Number and NOT the primary phone number. Just need to add a pre-fix 66 before the number (6603335720085).
Do I have to install any device?
No, a big difference between our systems is that, you don’t need to install complicated devices and configure them; you just follow the IVR instructions.
How long will I own the assigned phone number?
Once assigned Double Number will remain with the user for good and users cannot change their Double Number.
Can I block the incoming calls on certain hours?
Yes you can block all calls in certain time ranges and/or days of the week. You can turn off/turn on your Double Number any time through 660 IVR.
Who can use the service?
Service will be available for both prepaid and post-pay users.
Can I make international calls and SMS from my Double Number?
- International calls from double number will not be allowed.
- International SMS from double number is allowed.
Do we need to go to service centres for buying a Double Number?
Since Double number will be attached with active primary number hence customer’s record will also be available in our system. Customer’s NIC or Passport Number is not required for the activation. Customer does not need to visit any Ufone service centre or franchise to obtain the DN.
Can I transfer balance from my Double Number?
Balance transfer is not possible through Double number, as it will only be used for CLI purpose.
Can I use SMS/Voice Buckets on my Double Number?
Can I port-out my Double Number?
You cannot port-out your Double number. Only your primary number can be ported out and then your Double Number will automatically become idle.
Can I use other VAS on my Double Number?
Other VAS cannot be used on Double Number.
- Effective from 25th December 2013, additional 10paisa + Tax/call will be charged.
- Service will be available for both pre-paid and post-pay users.
- Users can get a Double number through an SMS/IVR & USSD.
- Only one Double number can be mapped against one primary number.
- Double Number will be provided to Ufone customers from an inventory, which is specifically reserved for this service.
- Billing will be done on Primary number only. Service is not designed for Incoming/Outgoing international roamers.
- International calls & SMS from double number will not be allowed.
- Double Number will be assigned against the primary number. Assigned MSISDNs will not be available for anyone else.
- Since Double number will be attached with active primary number hence customer’s record will also be available in Customer Care System. Customer’s NIC or Passport Number is not required for the activation. Customer does not need to visit any Ufone service centre or franchise to obtain the DN.
- Balance transfer is not possible through Double number, as it will only be used for CLI purpose.
- Users can’t avail SMS and voice buckets on Double Number.
- Users having SMS buckets will be charged Rs.0.50/SMS for each sms they will send to Double Number.
- Users cannot port-out their Double number.
- Double number will automatically become idle after 6 months once the primary number port-out.
- If user has voice & SMS bucket & makes call or send SMS from DN then will be charged as per DN charges.
- Other VAS services cannot be used through DN.